Thursday, December 1, 2011

GRAVESIDE MEDALLIONS: F.L.T. R.

I spotted this graveside medallion the other day on a walk through my
local cemetery:
This was by a grave of a married couple. It denotes a member of a Lodge of
Rebekah, the female branch of the International Order of Odd Fellows. The
bird is a dove , a symbol of peace, and the moon and stars stand for the Divine
order of the universe. The FLT in the chain are the Three Links of Friendship,
Love and Truth, and the R stands for the Rebekahs.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen one of these, thanks for sharing this. My grandmother was a Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a grave marker like that one. Wow! Thank you for telling what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got some great photos I took a couple of months ago.. I need to get those posted to my Cemetery blog.. this is a great one Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know more about this marker? My husband's great grandmother has a similar one and I would like to find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete