Wednesday, January 6, 2016

NEW YEAR, NEW LEAF

It's 2016 and like every New Year of the past few years I've made a resolution to write more
posts for this blog. If you look at the total posts for each year over on the right hand side of
the screen its obvious I haven't kept that resolution. To be honest this blog has always taken a
backseat  to my genealogy blog, and that won't change this year. But I'm adopting a new strategy
to help me do better here.

Two years ago Amy Johnson Crow of the No Story Too Small geneablog started  the 52 Ancestors
in 52 Weeks Challenge and it has been a big help in keeping me writing and researching. So I thought the same method might help me here, a sort of "52 Gravestones in 52 Weeks".

I live in Southeastern Massachusetts in Plymouth County, and the cemeteries here have gravestones
that tell interesting stories of Pilgrims, Revolutionary War and Civil War veterans, and sea captains who died far from home. I should have plenty of material for those 52 weeks.

Now all I have to do is write those 52 (or more) posts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment