Sunday, March 3, 2013

CENTRAL CEMETERY, CARVER MA, 26APR 2012

After leaving Lakenham Cemetery I continued further down Rte 58 to another
location in Carver, Ma. The Central Cemetery is situated behind the United
Church of  Carver, and there are more of my Barrows and Ellis cousins laid
to rest here.





This is the headstone of Lothrop Barrows,  my 2nd cousin 5x removed. It's right
 at the entrance to the cemetery, on the right hand side as you enter through the
gate by the Church. I didn't realize it at the time but there's something wrong with
this picture that I took. Lothrop Barrows was a Captain in the Massachusetts
State Militia and he died on 6ul 1857. The medallion on the flag holder is one for
a member of the Grand army of the Republic, the Civil War Union Army veterans'
organization. My guess is it was uprooted from it's proper location either by the
wind or human hands and was put here by mistake by someone trying to show respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment