Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CEDAR GROVE CEMETERY, MARSHFIELD, MA., 1JUNE 2012 PT3

Some last pictures of Cedar Grove Cemetery in Marshfield, Ma:

Old headstones sometimes give information that makes you wonder what the
story is behind them. Look at where this married couple died. Was the husband
a sea captain, or was he a merchant?





One of my Harlow cousins:



A close fit with the access ramp to the church. Unfortunately, the inscription is blocked:

Some of my Foord/Ford cousins:







Another gravestone with two men of Marshfield who died far from home:


 

Finally, there are several Delano family monuments. FDR's relatives lived in
Marshfield and neighboring Duxbury.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm- I am looking for Foords and a bunch of others from my family tree who are buried in/around Marshfield. I will be down visiting next month (I live up in Maine) and plan to do some cemetery exploring. Do you descend from William and Anna (Eames) Ford by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy!
    Yes, they are my 9x great grandparents through their daughter Millicent who married John Carver.

    ReplyDelete